Saturday, September 11, 2010

Bangalore Auto Expo




Lately I was thinking that I shall use my blogger for displaying my street photography and keep flickr for my strobist stuff, nothing major though. Actually I get a lot of space in blogger to write a story that goes with the street photographs and I plan to keep flickr to direct my prospective clients till I am rich enough to have my own domain name on internet. :-p This also helps me be genre specific while displaying my photographs. So here I am.

It had been a long time since I had done any serious street photography and my friends on flickr had started to complain. For me street photography has always been a learning experience as it lets one get close to the subjects and any photographer worth his salt knows that. If you are a people's photographer, getting intimate with the subject is as essential as having a correct exposure. Henceforth I plan to apply this photo-journalistic approach to everything that I shoot.

Finally I decided not to bum around in my room and on Friday and get up and go spend some time in the Auto Expo but little did I expect half the Bangalore to be up in front of ticket counter :-(

I went inside and suddenly I was taken a decade back in time, where we used to have a few variants of Maruti Udyog but since last 5 years there has been a phase shift as more and more European and Japanese manufacturers are collaborating with India to bring out cars in the budget segment.
But what is the budget segment anyway? Nano (1.5 lac) or Jazz (7 lac)


Onlookers gape at the BMW and Mercs


The next family car.


Children pouring into the names of all the big bikes


Lo and behold our very own environment friendly REVA!



And a few our favorite classics

No comments:

Post a Comment